Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Knit Aid is Out!


VH's new book is out, Knit Aid. It's only $7.95-ish and is a hard cover, spiral bound tutorial with a built in gauge and needle marker. I'm thinking great birthday gifts for the knitters in my life. Apparently it's great for beginners and more advanced knitters. Note to self, buy one for my knitting bag:)

Speaking of VH, she had a contest for Earth Day with a random drawing of participants. I won!! I love winning things. I won an annual subscription to Kiwi magazine!

Here's the beginning of my very first sock. It's going to be a long, beautiful relationship:P I've been a beginner-intermediate knitter for a year and so i thought hey, good time for a class. I took a sock knitting class at Gauge Knits here in Austin taught by the very wonderful Valerie Felps. Her class 'Socks Rock' was fantastic* It's a great learning experience and has upped my skill level closer to intermediate. I can see what I have been hearing about while watching episodes of Knitty Gritty. The short rows, decreases slanting right and left, picking up stitches, ssk etc. are included while making socks. I defintitely would recommend a sock knitting class to anyone. Also, there is a great tutorial online at Terri Lee Royea's site. This is great for refreshing your sock knitting skills or using it to learn for the very first time. Thanks Terry!

No comments: