Monday, November 10, 2008

Gem Stone, Craft Fairs and Screenprinting

This beautiful fountain pen is made of Jasper gem stone that has been ground to a powder and then set in resin for stability. The gem stone pens are absolutely stunning! David has also made them out of Turquoise gem stone.
David had his usual fun at St. Johns Episcopal Church Harvest Fair this past Saturday. This is a very local event where the community gets a chance for some early Christmas shopping. I painted the banner behind David. I used acrylic paint mixed with textile medium on cotton duck. I then used an eyelet tool and punched about 20 holes.









DD and her friends made a fantabulous mess in my kitchen learning to screenprint. We used a method taught to me by Haylee at Craft-O-Rama and also in the book Printing By Hand by Lena Corwin. I was busy helping the girls so I didn't get a chance to screeprint but that looked like it was so much fun I am going to have to give it a go sometime.


1 comment:

kayla said...

you have so many good ideas on your site. I wish you all the best, i found you some how looking for things on our sons birth defect esophageal atresia either way it always such a blessing meeting new people.