Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Marketing, Growth and Recession, OH MY!





I recently took a series of business classes from Jennifer Perkins of Naughty Secretary's Club at Craft-O-Rama. The info was great and the marketing class was inspiring. The article at Indie Fixx sums up a creatively alternative approach to business. Since taking the series of classes, I have made changes to our blog, added a signature to our e-mail, tweeted, flikrd and schwagged. I have also downloaded a slew of marketing podcasts, some great, some not but all were entertaining. My favorites are Internet Marketing: Insider Tips and Advice For Online Marketing , Duct Tape Marketing , Start-UP nation and Wall Street Journal Small Business, all from I-Tunes. I have been persuing all these creative outlets not because I am bored and have nothing else to do, but because David and I are working on launching an e-commerce website where David can hawk his finer pieces to patrons on the wide world of web (sounds better if you say it with a twang). The project has been very exciting and learning about marketing, search engine optimization, cultivating loyal client relationships, manufacturing, distribution, bots, social networking all seem like a perfect fit for someone with a science degree, right? I thought so too. It's been a great roller coaster and the site isn't even launched yet. Hopefully in 2 weeks I will be telling you about this brand-spankin-new website of ours, so stay tuned for more updates as we navigate the ups & downs of our latest adventure during a recession. Until then, feel free to browse Etsy for all things wonderful and handmade.

1 comment:

Michel said...

One of the major reasons for the increase in online purchasing has been the convenience and security of the shopping cart feature which is available on almost every e-commerce site. The virtual interface of putting things into a 'cart' has a comfortable familiarity to offline shopping. http://www.infyecommercesolution.com/