Friday, April 24, 2009

The Garden

Spring is my favorite time of year here in Austin, Texas. The weather is mild, the bluebonnets are blooming and the garden comes to life. I spent dozens of hours prepping gardening spaces, I even took a week off of work to get these spaces ready. This year I built a small vegetable and herb garden complete with a fence to discourage my impish felines. I planted from seeds and starts but only the starts are doing well. I have a lot to learn. In the vege garden you can find cilantro, mint, rosemary, sage, thyme, oregano, basil, dill, bell peppers, other peppers, various tomatoes, green beans, lemongrass and blackberry vines. The Ein Shemer and Golden Dorsett apple trees are going well too:)





This is a tomatillo, used for green salsas, yum!


The Bell Pepper is waking up and almost ready to join us in the house, sshhh... don't tell him his fate*


No comments: