Monday, January 4, 2010

Nostepinne Goodness.....

I haven't talked about Nosteppines for a while. It's actually one of David's best selling items in the winter. A nosteppine is a yarn winding tool that makes a center-pull yarn ball. It's portable, handmade and nostalgic. Noreen Crone-Findlay has an excellent tutorial on how to use one.This yarn is a yummy Malabrigo hand dyed yarn. This yarn is a pleasure to knit with on bamboo knitting needles. They were made for each other. I acquired this yarn while visiting The Knitting Nest last year. That was a very memorable, geeky-knitty thing to do.
I have a chair that seems to be the perfect size for using with a nosteppine. I stretch out the skein and start winding. My yarn cakes aren't as pretty as the one in the video tutorial by Noreen. I work pretty fast so they are kinda rough but work well too.



No comments: