Thursday, January 13, 2011

What's On The Lathe?





Dave is currently hollowing out a bowl with a bowl gauge. He has made straight-sided bowls before but now he is expanding into bowls that have a narrower opening than the width of the bowl. I never gave bowls much thought until he started making them. This one will have a beautiful topper for it with ventilation holes so that it can be used as a potpourri bowl. Here is a picture of one he made for me a few years ago. Notice the 'Woodworker At Work' sign above his head. Darling Daughter made that for him for Christmas!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I don't know how to email so I hope you will read this.
I was in a class with Lilly Chin and someone was using your yarn spinner. I knew I just had to have it.
Thank you,
Cindy

Tina said...

Thanks Cindy for letting me know!! I think this counts as a celebrity sighting for his Knit N Spin:p How coooool is THAT!! WooHoooooo...