Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Knitting Podcast Craftiness


I found a new podcast I like, It's actually a video podcast. Two knitters shoot the breeze about mostly knitting while introducing you to their FO's, UFO's etc. You can follow them on Ravelry and Facebook too if you are stalker-inclined like me! Oh yeah, the name....The Knit Girllls, with 3 L's. Apparently L's are cheap. Maybe it's because their names start with L, Lara and Leslie, hmmm....If you know, leave a comment. I wonder if they know about Dave's famous Knit N Spins and that he's the Nosteppine King on Etsy. Speaking of Dave's famous Knit N Spins, their was a celebrity sighting recently. On my last blog post, a fan left a comment. Dave's Knit N Spin was seen at a LILY CHIN'S CROCHET CLASS!!! This may be a stretch for non-yarnies but Lily Chin is famous in my world, up there with Vickie Howell Stephanie Pearl McPhee for goodness sakes.

On my needles? This little smart pearl. A triangular shawl whose pattern and yarn I purchased at Hill Country Weaver in South Austin.

The yarn is Brooklyn Tweeds 100% American Wool variety. The name of the yarn is Shelter and it's an artisanal, woolen-spun yarn made from the fiber of Targhee-Columbia sheep grown in the American West. The yarn is spun in the historic mill town of Harrisville, NH. Sounds all American to me!

Leave a comment on what you are working on and link back to a picture of it. You can follow me on Ravelry, my Ravatar is Craftina. Knit on my friends!

1 comment:

Jadielady said...

Hello Tina! Yes I love the Knitgirllls! The three L's were for Leslie, Laura, and a 3rd person whose name also begins with an L but was never on the show.
I went back and watched from the start when I first found them :) It's lots of fun!