Sunday, August 14, 2011

Craftiness Update**



I am going to cast on for the shawl 'My Wish' by Laura Linneman:) This will only be my second attempt at a shawl, my first is still a work in progress. The first pic is Lemonhalf's shawl with the cream edging and the second is Laura Linneman's with Tempted's two colorways. This shawl pattern is available for purchase here and is a fundraiser for the Make A Wish foundation. Laura of The Knit Girllls designed the shawl and offers the pattern to support this fabulous foundation and the crafty team, Cupcake Mafia I am going to knit this out of Madeline Tosh fingering weight in the Ruby Slippers and Composition Book colorways. I 'acquired' these pearls from Gauge Knit in Austin, Thanks Karli for your help! I did finish a baby blanket a month ago but forgot to take a picture of it :P It was a basket weave pattern with Lion Brands Vanna Choice. I liked the neutral blue color and the durable acrylic it is made of. It doesn't feel like acrylic when you knit with it.

Dave made me a custom barometer/hydrometer for my birthday:) It is made of Cocobolo and is double sided. The weather in Texas can change in a heartbeat and I thought it would be fun to watch the meters go nuts!



Dave also made me a beautiful bowl which he put little wooden apples in it made by Boyd Wright. Boyd taught Dave how to make kaleidoscopes:) Thanks Boyd! He made these gems out of dymondwood which is an art in itself. The dymondwood blanks are dyed wood, usually Birch, sliced thin, glued together so that woodworkers, especially wood turners, can make beautiful art!





Dave is starting to get interested in Intarsia, which is interesting since this is a knitting consept also. He made this dolphin for darling daughter which she ADORES! She was so motivated by this that she started to learn Intarsia herself using the scroll saw!

Craft on Y'all!

No comments: