Thursday, August 18, 2011

Warda's Algerian Soup


I wanted to share this recipe that I cooked last night, absolutely delicious! I got this recipe from another blogger, Warda of 64 Square Foot Kitchen. She grew up in Algeria and her creations are both traditional and reinventions of that area'a cuisine. Everything that I have made from her blog has been delicious! The recipes are not complicated, the ingredients easy to find and the food full of flavor but not hot. I have picky eaters and her recipes have been very handy:) I used her recipe but exchanged spinach for the peas and asparagus. I would have preferred her version over mine but, picky eaters;P I added the spinach to the onions and cooked them down before adding liquid. I used an emersion blender but if I had more time a food processer would have worked better. We ate this with buttermilk biscuits but any bread would have been just fine. Trying foods from around the world gives a fresh perspective on cuisine, matching new ingredients for a unique dish that you normally wouldn't try. Try this one, you will probably like it! Did I mention, it was really easy?

No comments: