Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Vickie Howell's Knit-A-Long


Because I am a clever person, I was able to trick, entice, encourage a friend to participate in this Knit-A-Long with me.  This KAL is Vickie Howell's pattern from her line of yarn at Caron yarns.  This is going to be a quick project because it is double stranded on large needles and works up quickly.  I like her philosophy of making quick projects so that you can feel like you have accomplished something.  Also, for longer projects, make sure you really like your yarn, you will be with it for awhile.  You can join in on Facebook for this KAL or Ravelry, although I still can't find the Ravelry KAL for this.  If anyone knows, send me a message please:)http://vickiehowell.com/

The Cowl Knit-Along schedule from VH's Facebook page:

‎10/19: I'll post an image of double-stranding, we'll cast-on and begin ribbing.--Remember to reply with where you are, any questions, etc.

10/20- Work on ribbing, share pictures of progress. Yay!
10/21: CABLE DAY! We'll start on the first cable repeat of the cowl. I'll upload a video how-to for the 14-st cables used for this project.
10/22-24: Work the 7 repeats of the cable section of the cowl. I'll be checking in throughout the weekend to answer any questions, if you get stuck. Showing pictures of mistakes is helpful for me, so keep your camera phone handy!
10/25: Move on to 2nd ribbing section and discuss button hole row. If you guys would like, I can post how-to photos for that as well.
10/26-10/27: Weave in ends. Attach buttons & finish! Share photos. I wanna see your FO's! If you want to model them, even better!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oooh...Who did you coerce with your evil influence??? Cuz I think I signed up before you did. The official instructions don't include cussing during the cable section but I find it therapeutic.